- 10 Memes for Back to School - July 26, 2016
- [Live] 3 Teachers Reflect on Back-to-School Tips for New Teachers - July 13, 2016
- Educational Consultants..The Case for More Teachers - July 5, 2016
- Summer Vacation Memes For Teachers - June 30, 2016
- 6 Ways for Teachers to Earn Some Extra Money From Home - June 18, 2016
- 20 End of the School Year Memes That Only Teachers Will Understand - May 29, 2016
- Teacher Appreciation 2016: Show Teachers Some Love - May 1, 2016
- [The Empowered Educators Fellowship] Teachers Know How to Fix Education - April 20, 2016
- [Interview with Dr. Christopher Emdin Author of “For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood” - March 28, 2016
- [Interview with Dr. Christopher Emdin Author of "For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood" - March 28, 2016
School District: Chicago Public Schools
Years Teaching : 7-8 years
Certification Areas: English/ Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
Recommendation: “Graham has put his heart and soul into teaching since his first day teaching inner city students in Chicago, fresh out of college. He consistently finds new and interesting ways to engage his students, from the brightest to the student who cannot focus because she comes to school hungry. He is passionate about science and teaches students, most of whom have never had any science instruction of any kind, how to identify leaves and plants. He fosters a nurturing learning environment by being honest, patient, firm, kind, and practical. His love for teaching is evident in every student who leaves his classroom at the end of the year.” Anonymous Parent/Peer/Community Member
Educational Philosophy: I believe in making material accessible in as many ways as possible. I try to make learning hands-on and real through projects, experiments, and use of technology. However, I also believe that texts, note-taking, and class/group discussions are key. This balanced approach helps to prepare students for real world experiences as well as schooling at the junior high, high school, and collegiate levels.
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!