- [S3E2] An Interview with Mr. Dombrowski: Social Media is Not the Enemy - May 19, 2017
- [S3E1] Why Every Teacher Should Get a Career Counselor - April 18, 2017
- When You Deserve a Promotion - March 21, 2017
- The Educator’s Room Statement on the Appointment of Betsy DeVos - February 7, 2017
- What I Hope for The Educator’s Room in 2017 - January 1, 2017
- [Podcast] What’s Best for Children: An Interview with Susan Ochshorn - December 29, 2016
- Who Will Care for the Teachers: A Podcast on Teacher Depression - November 27, 2016
- [Podcast S2E12] How to Engage With Students Who Are Behaviorally Challenged - November 22, 2016
- The Whole Teacher Movement… We Need It Now… - November 14, 2016
- [Election 2016] What Do We Tell Our Children? - November 9, 2016
School District: Chicago Public Schools
Years Teaching : 7-8 years
Certification Areas: English/ Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
Recommendation: “Graham has put his heart and soul into teaching since his first day teaching inner city students in Chicago, fresh out of college. He consistently finds new and interesting ways to engage his students, from the brightest to the student who cannot focus because she comes to school hungry. He is passionate about science and teaches students, most of whom have never had any science instruction of any kind, how to identify leaves and plants. He fosters a nurturing learning environment by being honest, patient, firm, kind, and practical. His love for teaching is evident in every student who leaves his classroom at the end of the year.” Anonymous Parent/Peer/Community Member
Educational Philosophy: I believe in making material accessible in as many ways as possible. I try to make learning hands-on and real through projects, experiments, and use of technology. However, I also believe that texts, note-taking, and class/group discussions are key. This balanced approach helps to prepare students for real world experiences as well as schooling at the junior high, high school, and collegiate levels.
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!