- Initiative Overload: A Teacher’s Harsh Reality - July 3, 2017
- The Dilution of Gifted Programs - June 19, 2017
- The Joys of Being a Teacher with Special Needs - June 19, 2017
- Stormy Weather :Navigating the Turbulent Seas of Adolescence in the Classroom - June 19, 2017
- Teaching Creativity: Simplicity and Decision-Making - June 12, 2017
- Why Being an English Speaker Isn’t Enough to Teach English Abroad - June 12, 2017
- What I Learned About Burnout Prevention As A New Teacher - June 12, 2017
- Boosting Critical Thinking Skills Through Guided Reading - June 12, 2017
- Whiteboarding Your Way to Relationships - June 12, 2017
- The Power of Authenticity in the Classroom - June 12, 2017
School: Charter School of the Dunes, Indiana
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: Middle School – English/ Language Arts, Social Studies
Congratulations to LaShanda J., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
LaShanda was nominated by one of her colleagues, who wrote about the impact LaShanda has made on her students:
LaShanda has a way to communicate and engage middle school students that is just plain special. She challenges students to learn in different ways! She challenges students that have found school easy and makes them work harder than they ever had. In addition to being a stellar classroom teacher, LaShanda sponsors various after-school activities, like Asian Culture Club and Student Council.
Teachers like LaShanda who go above and beyond for their students and outside the classroom are the kind of educators that exemplify our profession. Thanks to LaShanda for being such a great example for her colleagues and our readers!
We are inspired by you, LaShanda, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!