- Meet Betsy DeVos, Our New Secretary of Education - November 23, 2016
- No, Blackface is Never ‘Okay.’ - November 17, 2016
- Are SPED Teachers Being Wells Fargoed? How Special Education Resembles the Wells Fargo Scandal - November 1, 2016
- Supporting Kids with Anxiety in the Elementary Classroom - October 12, 2016
- Teaching in a Virtual Reality - October 12, 2016
- Teacher Resignation Accepted - June 30, 2016
- Dear Principal - June 1, 2016
- Confession of a Self-Conscious Teacher: I’m Afraid to Turn Around in Class - May 19, 2016
- Nine Tips for Education Majors and New Teachers - April 14, 2016
- 5 Writers That Every High School Student Should Read Right Now - March 15, 2016
School: Charter School of the Dunes, Indiana
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: Middle School – English/ Language Arts, Social Studies
Congratulations to LaShanda J., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
LaShanda was nominated by one of her colleagues, who wrote about the impact LaShanda has made on her students:
LaShanda has a way to communicate and engage middle school students that is just plain special. She challenges students to learn in different ways! She challenges students that have found school easy and makes them work harder than they ever had. In addition to being a stellar classroom teacher, LaShanda sponsors various after-school activities, like Asian Culture Club and Student Council.
Teachers like LaShanda who go above and beyond for their students and outside the classroom are the kind of educators that exemplify our profession. Thanks to LaShanda for being such a great example for her colleagues and our readers!
We are inspired by you, LaShanda, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!