- When You Deserve a Promotion - March 21, 2017
- The Educator’s Room Statement on the Appointment of Betsy DeVos - February 7, 2017
- What I Hope for The Educator’s Room in 2017 - January 1, 2017
- [Podcast] What’s Best for Children: An Interview with Susan Ochshorn - December 29, 2016
- Who Will Care for the Teachers: A Podcast on Teacher Depression - November 27, 2016
- [Podcast S2E12] How to Engage With Students Who Are Behaviorally Challenged - November 22, 2016
- The Whole Teacher Movement… We Need It Now… - November 14, 2016
- [Election 2016] What Do We Tell Our Children? - November 9, 2016
- [Podcast S2E11] Hi, I’m a Teacher and I’m Homeless - November 7, 2016
- Revamping Your Resume for a Career Change - October 23, 2016
Welcome to Episode29 Season one of The Educator’s Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca interviews, Teresa Cooper, Special Education & Math Teacher Extraordinaire and proponent of championing our students with the greatest needs.
This year we are going around the world to talk to educators who are doing awesome things- just like you. Starting the school year is always tough for teachers as we try to balance what the pacing guide says and what we know our most vulnerable students need.
During this podcast we will discuss:
- strategies to help teachers understand the student with autism.
- strategies to make sure you are in compliance with IEP guidelines for those students
- Teresa’s experience as a teacher and a mom to an Autistic student.
Resources discussed in the podcast
Teresa’s blog: www.usedbookclassroom.wordpress.com