- [Episode 49] How the Healthcare Bill Affects You As a Teacher - July 7, 2017
- [Episode 48] Training Teachers to Be Students - July 7, 2017
- [Episode 47] Living Your Best Life: A Teacher’s Story on Being Fit and Finally Free - July 7, 2017
- [S3E2] An Interview with Mr. Dombrowski: Social Media is Not the Enemy - May 19, 2017
- [S3E1] Why Every Teacher Should Get a Career Counselor - April 18, 2017
- When You Deserve a Promotion - March 21, 2017
- The Educator’s Room Statement on the Appointment of Betsy DeVos - February 7, 2017
- What I Hope for The Educator’s Room in 2017 - January 1, 2017
- [Podcast] What’s Best for Children: An Interview with Susan Ochshorn - December 29, 2016
- Who Will Care for the Teachers: A Podcast on Teacher Depression - November 27, 2016
Welcome to Episode 2 Season two of The Educator’s Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca interviews, Jennifer White from Teaching Teens in the 21st Century, blogger, English/Language Arts teacher, and Genius Hour expert!
Engaging students during school is a hot topic in all schools, regardless of the school’s community or socioeconomic background. Within the last couple of years, many schools have started to use the premise from Google to allow students and/or teachers to implement 20% of their time for something they’re passionate about. Tonight we will talk about implementing the Genius Hour in middle and high school.
During this podcast we will discuss:
- strategies to help implement The Genius Hour in your school.
- possible roadblocks for teachers and students in implementing Genius Hour.
- advice for teachers on how to implement the program and what you can get out of it for your students.
Resources discussed in the podcast
Jennifer’s blog: www.teachingteensinthe21st.com
Research on implementing the Genius Hour here.
Link to TpT Store for products on The Genius Hour.