- The Educator’s Room Statement on the Appointment of Betsy DeVos - February 7, 2017
- What I Hope for The Educator’s Room in 2017 - January 1, 2017
- [Podcast] What’s Best for Children: An Interview with Susan Ochshorn - December 29, 2016
- Who Will Care for the Teachers: A Podcast on Teacher Depression - November 27, 2016
- [Podcast S2E12] How to Engage With Students Who Are Behaviorally Challenged - November 22, 2016
- The Whole Teacher Movement… We Need It Now… - November 14, 2016
- [Election 2016] What Do We Tell Our Children? - November 9, 2016
- [Podcast S2E11] Hi, I’m a Teacher and I’m Homeless - November 7, 2016
- Revamping Your Resume for a Career Change - October 23, 2016
- [Podcast S2E10] The Microaggressions of Mispronouncing a Student’s Name - October 12, 2016
Welcome to Episode 5 Season two of The Educator’s Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca discusses the five affirmations every teacher should say to get the most of the school year. It’s the beginning of the school year and in between the new class lists and Open House dates, there are those fleeting moments when you feel like you are just not good enough. Sometimes those moments are fleeting, while other times they linger and can lead to teacher burnout. Tonight, you will learn the five affirmations you should say every day to keep you in a “happy” place.
During this episode, you will learn:
- why teachers need to reflect on the intellectual fortitude they bring to their job,
- why teaching should never be a 24/7 job,
- and, what you need to do stay encouraged at work.
Resources discussed in the podcast