- Watch from the Balcony, Lead on the Floor - April 10, 2017
- 38 Days a Teacher: Leadership, Followership, and Fellowship - April 3, 2017
- Watch from the Balcony, Lead on the Floor - March 23, 2017
- OMG – My Feet are Killing Me! Back to the Classroom - December 14, 2016
- Back in School: Pre-Game - November 30, 2016
- Who Will Care for the Teachers? - April 21, 2016
- No One Wants to be ‘Managed’ - January 12, 2016
- Building Long-Term Relationships: The Puzzle of Teacher Retention - July 15, 2014
- Off-Team Blues in Middle School - June 17, 2014
- My Year Teaching in the Cloud Forest: Part 1 - June 9, 2014
I think the chart below pretty well sums up my first week back in the classroom:
|Day of the Week||Wardrobe||Sleep Pattern|
|Monday||Navy blue pants Suit and navy pumps||5:00 AM – Alarm goes off and I enthusiastically get out of bed to start my day.
3:30 PM – I’m home and spend the next few hours in an incredulous fugue state . . . I may drift off here and there.
8:30 PM- in bed and out like a light.
|Tuesday||Black dress pants slacks, a nice blouse, and black pumps.||5:00 AM – Alarm goes off.
4:00 PM – Afternoon nap
9:15 PM- Asleep on couch
|Wednesday||Black slacks, oxford shirt and black booties. However, I taught the last two classes in my stocking feet.||5:00 AM – Alarm goes off.
5:09 AM – Alarm goes off.
5:18 AM – Alarm goes off and I get out of bed.
4:00 PM – 45-minute nap
9:30 PM- bedtime!
|Thursday||Khakis, a sweater, and flats.||5:00 AM – Alarm goes off.
No afternoon nap!
Asleep on the couch at 8:45 PM
|Friday||Khakis, polo shirt, and sneakers.||5:00 AM – Alarm goes off.Although I want to hit snooze, I need to get to school as soon as I can to finish prepping for the day . . . including getting to the copier before it breaks down.
8:00 PM – tried to watch a movie, but out like a light.
|Saturday||PJs||6:00 AM – alarm, hit snooze.
6:09 AM – I drag my happy butt out of bed to go to a Weight Watchers meeting.
6:45 AM – Weigh in at WW . . . how did I gain 2 pounds? I did nothing but work and sleep. I had four meals all week!
8:00 PM – return home . . . spent the rest of the day on the couch, in and out of consciousness. Watched the same episode of Gilmore Girls 6 times.
Next up? I have not only encountered the water bottle flip challenge, but I have perfected it.I have not only encountered the water bottle flip challenge, but I have perfected it. Click To Tweet