- Conquering Teacher Biases Against Disabilities: Important Strategies - May 8, 2017
- It’s Time to Address Teacher Bias Against Special Education Students - May 1, 2017
- Mindfulness in the Math Classroom: Why it Matters and How to do It - April 17, 2017
- On Sickness: From a Teacher who Can’t Come to School Right Now - March 27, 2017
- 4 Ways to use the NCAA Tournament to Enhance your Math Classes - March 27, 2017
- Relationships Matter: How Building Trust Boosts Classroom Performance - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways To Help Students Develop a Growth Mindset - March 2, 2017
- Using Literature to Teach Math: Five Great Books to Use in Middle School - February 16, 2017
- Five Strategies for Motivating the Student Who was Retained Last Year - February 2, 2017
- How to Teach Parents to Help their Children Develop a Growth Mindset - January 31, 2017
With all the talk snow this past week in North Carolina, teachers and students alike seemed anxious in anticipation of a snow day. Me? I just kept thinking about make-up days and how much I hate having them. Needless to say, while my kids were disappointed in the lack of snow, I was not. We still eeked out a 2 hour delay, so I guess it’s the best of both worlds. And the there’s this Hello parody that is just totally spot-on when it comes to how we teachers feel about snow days.
Here are some equally funny snow day memes that I’m sure we can all appreciate!
Who doesn’t like the day to sleep in? Or to just stay in pajamas and read a good book. Or catch up on whatever you’re binge-watching on Netflix.
Well, yeah. We just got back from Christmas break. Of course we want a snow day now! Just please don’t make it turn into a make-up day.
Admit it. You’re watching the news like a hawk. Me? I just kept looking outside and saying, “Yep. I knew it. No snow here!” Maybe we’ll get a delay out of this anyway…
Yay! We got the day off! And then it’s summer time and we’re like, “I hate make-up days!”
I think that’s the most exciting part of a snow day. The lack of alarm-setting. Of course, I’ve got children to help make sure I can’t take too much advantage of that, but one day…
And to all of you out there who got the day off, I’m just sayin’…
Anyway, whether you got a snow day or a delay or nothing at all this week, just know that the end is near. You can see it, can’t you? Just over the horizon…
What Do You Do On a Snow Day? Inquiring Minds Want to Know! Comment below!