- Here’s To Our First Year As Teachers During COVID-19 - August 20, 2020
- The Case for Ending the School-to-Prison Pipeline - August 20, 2020
- Bitmoji Classrooms Are the Rage…Here’s Some of the Best Ones We’ve Found - August 19, 2020
- Opinion: The White House Just Gave My School 8 Recommendations for Reopening Schools During COVID-19. Here’s Mine. - August 18, 2020
- Education and Award Programs for Teachers During this Pandemic - August 17, 2020
- Stop Saying, “Of Course We Want to Be Back in Classrooms with Kids…” - August 2, 2020
- Opinion: Teachers Are Not Babysitters and I’m Not Returning Back to School - July 27, 2020
- Can You Talk About That in Elementary School? - July 24, 2020
- The Importance of Visibility for Queer Educators - July 22, 2020
- Learning to Love Our Country: The President is Wrong About Teachers - July 10, 2020
School: Charter School of the Dunes, Indiana
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: Middle School – English/ Language Arts, Social Studies
Congratulations to LaShanda J., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
LaShanda was nominated by one of her colleagues, who wrote about the impact LaShanda has made on her students:
LaShanda has a way to communicate and engage middle school students that is just plain special. She challenges students to learn in different ways! She challenges students that have found school easy and makes them work harder than they ever had. In addition to being a stellar classroom teacher, LaShanda sponsors various after-school activities, like Asian Culture Club and Student Council.
Teachers like LaShanda who go above and beyond for their students and outside the classroom are the kind of educators that exemplify our profession. Thanks to LaShanda for being such a great example for her colleagues and our readers!
We are inspired by you, LaShanda, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!