- [S3E2] An Interview with Mr. Dombrowski: Social Media is Not the Enemy - May 19, 2017
- [S3E1] Why Every Teacher Should Get a Career Counselor - April 18, 2017
- When You Deserve a Promotion - March 21, 2017
- The Educator’s Room Statement on the Appointment of Betsy DeVos - February 7, 2017
- What I Hope for The Educator’s Room in 2017 - January 1, 2017
- [Podcast] What’s Best for Children: An Interview with Susan Ochshorn - December 29, 2016
- Who Will Care for the Teachers: A Podcast on Teacher Depression - November 27, 2016
- [Podcast S2E12] How to Engage With Students Who Are Behaviorally Challenged - November 22, 2016
- The Whole Teacher Movement… We Need It Now… - November 14, 2016
- [Election 2016] What Do We Tell Our Children? - November 9, 2016
Statistics show that during the first five years of teaching, the majority of new teachers will leave the profession. What’s even more staggering is trying to figure out what do these teachers end up doing after they leave the field of education?
In the opening of Season 3 of our podcast, we interview Andrea Holyfield from LiveWellCPS as she gives some honest advice not only for teachers trying to leave the profession but those who want to stay in the profession. Andrea presented at our Teacher Self-Care Conference and attendees were BLOWN away with the practical advice she gave for teachers to transition to other careers.
During this conversation we discuss:
- the biggest mistakes teachers make when looking for jobs.
- the types of jobs that are actively looking for teachers
- how to transfer your skills from being a classroom teacher into corporate America
- and much more!
Take your time to not only listen to this podcast but subscribe and share with a friend who may need this!
To get ahold of Andrea, please check out her website (www.livewellCPS.com) and tell her found her on our podcast!