- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
- Betsy DeVos Resigns: Most Teachers Say Good Riddance - January 8, 2021
- Class Divide in Emergency Learning: A Crisis Overseas - September 10, 2020
- Practicing Self-Care in the Midst of Chaos - August 31, 2020
- Do the Work: Equity Symposium for Teachers - August 23, 2020
- Universities Collaborate on the Biggest Experiment in Higher Ed: Reopening - August 3, 2020
- The Day of Teacher Self-Care is Happening August 1, 2020 - July 21, 2020
- Do the Work: A Conversation Around Anti-Racist Teaching in K-12 Schools - June 14, 2020
The Educator's Room is an online magazine devoted to bringing teachers together around the world to share their expertise and experiences in the classroom. What better way to celebrate together than with a virtual 5K run/walk? You run where you are and we share our stories together! During the week of November 24th, 2013, The Educator's Room will hold its first virtual run to help benefit teachers at both Briarwood and Plaza Towers Elementary Schools (located in Moore, OK) who lost everything from the tornadoes in May.
REGISTER FOR RACE HERE!
All participants who sign up before November 1st, 2013)will receive an awesome swag bag in the mail that includes a: bib number, safety pins, long sleeve t-shirt, medal, and a 2G wrist flash drive! Then during the week of November 24th-30th, 2013 put on your gear and go run 3.1 miles!
In order to show your journey to the race, taking pictures of your training is encouraged so we can all see the locations our run has taken place. Use the hashtag on Twitter or Facebook, #theedrom for us to see the awesome photos and for us to feature you on our site! Lastly, log back on to active.com and record your time. Whether this is your first 5K or you are a seasoned runner, everyone can come together to run!
Since a part of our mission is to help empower our fellow teachers, we are donating $5.00 of every registration to teachers at schools directly affected by the tornadoes in Oklahoma from May. We are working directly with the school's PTA organizations to ensure the teachers working in the schools destroyed by tornadoes have the supplies they need to teach. Help us come together for this great cause and bring our running world to a virtual 5K online.
For a limited time use the code: THEEDROOM to receive $5 discount!
Register online here.