- This is America…Unpacking the Layers of Violence Our Students See - May 6, 2018
- The Dirty Secret of Implementing Independent Reading: Fund What You Believe - May 6, 2018
- 50 Years Later: What Teachers Need to Remember About Dr. King’s Legacy - April 4, 2018
- [Episode 66] What Principals Need to Be Successful - April 3, 2018
- Diverse Books to Read For Women’s History Month (K-5 Edition) - March 3, 2018
- #ArmMeWith Starts a Movement Among Teachers - February 21, 2018
- Teacher Self-Care Conference- We’re Back - February 14, 2018
- 2018…Helping Teachers Have the Best Year Ever - December 31, 2017
- [Episode 56] The Politics of Mathematics - November 25, 2017
- [Episode 52] Teaching Controversial Topics in Elementary School - November 24, 2017
In this episode, Franchesca Warren interviews Mike T. Dunn, Director of College Counseling at AIM Academy, a school for students with dyslexia. In this interview Mike discusses the following:
how schools can best support students they suspect may have dyslexia
what are some of the signs that teachers miss that indicate dyslexia
strategies for schools to be literacy havens beyond the typical tools
what parents can do to help support their children with learning disabilities around print.
To learn more about AIM Academy, please click here.
You can email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave a review and share on social media.