- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- The Teacher Learns the Lesson: Reminiscing on 48 Years of Teaching - January 28, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
- Betsy DeVos Resigns: Most Teachers Say Good Riddance - January 8, 2021
- Class Divide in Emergency Learning: A Crisis Overseas - September 10, 2020
- Practicing Self-Care in the Midst of Chaos - August 31, 2020
- Do the Work: Equity Symposium for Teachers - August 23, 2020
- Universities Collaborate on the Biggest Experiment in Higher Ed: Reopening - August 3, 2020
- The Day of Teacher Self-Care is Happening August 1, 2020 - July 21, 2020
In 2015 we struggled with what we could continue to do to support our thousands of readers across the world. We already publish three articles a day from teachers. We're active on our social media channels (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) giving advice. We've started offering professional development opportunities for schools and we're constantly adding to our resources for teachers. However, the one resource we've been hesitant to "roll out" is our one-day workshops in select cities across the United States.
Well, all of that changes starting on February 20th, 2016 in New York City. We are offering full day, teacher-led professional learning that focuses around the theme, "Empowering Teachers as the Experts". To register click here. We've structured for these workshops to be intimate (less than 50 participants) and focused on the WORK of empowering teachers.
After we finish our training in New York we are hitting four more major cities in 2016. Each learning opportunity will focus on the work of empowering teachers. Will you be there?