- Teacher Self-Care Conference- We’re Back - February 14, 2018
- 2018…Helping Teachers Have the Best Year Ever - December 31, 2017
- [Episode 56] The Politics of Mathematics - November 25, 2017
- [Episode 52] Teaching Controversial Topics in Elementary School - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 53] Helping Students With Dyslexia in Schools - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 54]Are Teachers Watching the Decline of Education? - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 55] Breaking Through The Shame: Going Through A Divorce - November 24, 2017
- 6-12 Classrooms That Will Rock Your Socks - September 1, 2017
- 29 Elementary Classrooms to DIE FOR - August 29, 2017
- [Episode 49] How the Healthcare Bill Affects You As a Teacher - July 7, 2017
Welcome to Episode 2 Season two of The Educator’s Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca interviews, Jennifer White from Teaching Teens in the 21st Century, blogger, English/Language Arts teacher, and Genius Hour expert!
Engaging students during school is a hot topic in all schools, regardless of the school’s community or socioeconomic background. Within the last couple of years, many schools have started to use the premise from Google to allow students and/or teachers to implement 20% of their time for something they’re passionate about. Tonight we will talk about implementing the Genius Hour in middle and high school.
During this podcast we will discuss:
- strategies to help implement The Genius Hour in your school.
- possible roadblocks for teachers and students in implementing Genius Hour.
- advice for teachers on how to implement the program and what you can get out of it for your students.
Resources discussed in the podcast
Jennifer’s blog: www.teachingteensinthe21st.com
Research on implementing the Genius Hour here.
Link to TpT Store for products on The Genius Hour.