- Teacher Self-Care Calendar- September - September 2, 2019
- “This is NOT a Drill: Back To School is REAL!” - August 28, 2019
- July- Teacher Self-Care Calendar - July 13, 2019
- [FREE Download] June Teacher Self-Care Calendar - June 3, 2019
- Cultural Competence and Promoting Awareness of Diversity in Childcare - May 9, 2019
- Teacher Self-Care Calendar: May 2019 - May 5, 2019
- Teacher Appreciation Week Contest - April 12, 2019
- Teacher Self-Care Conference- Miami - March 8, 2019
- Teacher Self-Care Calendar- March 2019 and TER Calendar of Events - March 3, 2019
- Opinion: If You Can’t Say “Black Lives Matter” Then You Can’t Use Any Quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - January 21, 2019
In June 2016, we will begin a one-year Empowered Educators Fellowship with 30 educators who exemplify our motto of, “Empowering Teachers as the Experts in Education.” These thirty teachers will the masterminds in “fixing” issues in education through the best source available- other teachers. This once in a lifetime opportunity was developed for teachers, by teachers with the hope that we can engage in the intricate process of actually “fixing” issues we constantly complain about in education.
During this year, the selected teachers will be honored not only on our website but via media interviews and will engage in direct collaboration to produce some solutions for the most pressing issues in education. Some of the opportunities this cohort of teachers will experience will be:
-interviewed and featured in a video for the national education website, The Educator’s Room.
-the opportunity to write professionally about education for millions to read.
-collaborate on a white paper on a single issue or series of issues identified by their cohort.
Think of this as being part of a group of dynamic educators who KNOW what it takes to engage educators in the actual process of fixing education. This is not a competition, but a think tank with the brightest educators from around the country all focused on the issues that are their passion. Please use this form to nominate yourself or someone you know.
If you know of an educator who should be nominated, please click here.
Deadline: April 30th, 2016
Participants selected by May 30th, 2016.