- What I Hope for The Educator’s Room in 2017 - January 1, 2017
- [Podcast] What’s Best for Children: An Interview with Susan Ochshorn - December 29, 2016
- Who Will Care for the Teachers: A Podcast on Teacher Depression - November 27, 2016
- [Podcast S2E12] How to Engage With Students Who Are Behaviorally Challenged - November 22, 2016
- The Whole Teacher Movement… We Need It Now… - November 14, 2016
- [Election 2016] What Do We Tell Our Children? - November 9, 2016
- [Podcast S2E11] Hi, I’m a Teacher and I’m Homeless - November 7, 2016
- Revamping Your Resume for a Career Change - October 23, 2016
- [Podcast S2E10] The Microaggressions of Mispronouncing a Student’s Name - October 12, 2016
- [Podcast S2E9] Practicing Self-Care By Teaching in the Dominican Republic - October 2, 2016
Welcome to Episode 5 of Season 2 of The Educator’s Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca Warren interviews Dee Priester, from Mid-Pacific Institute in Hawaii! In the time of so-called “educational reform” the voice of the principal has been dismissed in how to make schools a growth-mindset incubator. Not anymore. With school administrators like Mr. Priester, teachers are respected, revered, and most importantly LISTENED TO WITH SINCERITY.
During this podcast we will discuss:
- how Mr. Priester ended up at a school like Mid-Pacific.
- what makes Mid-Pacific Institute an incubator of growth mindset?
- how administrators can stop feeling “boxed in” and use their staff to grow their students out of their classrooms.
Articles about Growth Mindset