- Teacher Self-Care Conference- We’re Back - February 14, 2018
- 2018…Helping Teachers Have the Best Year Ever - December 31, 2017
- [Episode 56] The Politics of Mathematics - November 25, 2017
- [Episode 52] Teaching Controversial Topics in Elementary School - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 53] Helping Students With Dyslexia in Schools - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 54]Are Teachers Watching the Decline of Education? - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 55] Breaking Through The Shame: Going Through A Divorce - November 24, 2017
- 6-12 Classrooms That Will Rock Your Socks - September 1, 2017
- 29 Elementary Classrooms to DIE FOR - August 29, 2017
- [Episode 49] How the Healthcare Bill Affects You As a Teacher - July 7, 2017
For the past two years, the entire staff at The Educator’s Room has been living with the belief that the true experts in education are classroom teachers. We are the ones who for at least 180 days of every academic year dedicate our time, energy and money to educating children. Every morning we get up ready to face our children and impart with them the principles they need to make it in these changing times. Despite all we do for students many times our best is not respected, valued or considered. So what do we do? We continue to fight and let our voices be heard and for the past 24 months, The Educator’s Room has been dedicated to bringing your voice to the masses.
We are a publication written by real teachers about real issues happening in the classroom.
Six months ago at the TER Headquarters we were looking for educational conferences, but were disappointed that many of the presenters at these conferences weren’t teachers after all. Instead they were either consultants or speakers who had not stepped foot in a classroom in this decade. This got our minds turning and we decided to ask the obvious– What if we created a conference for teachers by teachers? After a lot of talk we decided that not only could we do it, but we would do it in an environment where rich discussions, panels and workshops could take place JUST for EDUCATORS.
Hence the 2014 The Educator’s Room Conference was born. In order to make sure our roots were organic as possible, we decided to solicit to our 14, 000 readers for workshop proposals and the results stunned us. We received hundreds of submissions from educators who were anxious to share their expertise with their colleagues from around the world. After reviewing all of the submissions, we decided to not only ask a set of dynamic educators to come and present, but we were able to secure Superintendent and Author of “The Exhaustion of the American Teacher”, John Kuhn as our Keynote Speaker.
If that’s not enough, we are still adding more workshops, speakers and networking activities for our teachers to enjoy for their three day stay in beautiful Atlanta, Georgia. For all that we are offering it’s unheard of that tickets are currently going at $175 for limited time ! That’s unbelievable for a three day conference where teachers will receive PLUs (more on that later) and great knowledge from their peers!
So what are you waiting for? To take advantage of this great opportunity by registering here!