- Teaching Writing to Secondary Students is Hard, But It's Necessary - April 26, 2023
- Abbott Elementary: Development Week was a Mess! - September 28, 2022
- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
- Betsy DeVos Resigns: Most Teachers Say Good Riddance - January 8, 2021
- Class Divide in Emergency Learning: A Crisis Overseas - September 10, 2020
- Practicing Self-Care in the Midst of Chaos - August 31, 2020
- Do the Work: Equity Symposium for Teachers - August 23, 2020
- Universities Collaborate on the Biggest Experiment in Higher Ed: Reopening - August 3, 2020
Welcome to Episode 5 Season two of The Educator's Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca discusses the five affirmations every teacher should say to get the most of the school year. It's the beginning of the school year and in between the new class lists and Open House dates, there are those fleeting moments when you feel like you are just not good enough. Sometimes those moments are fleeting, while other times they linger and can lead to teacher burnout. Tonight, you will learn the five affirmations you should say every day to keep you in a "happy" place.
Listen to the podcast here.
During this episode, you will learn:
- why teachers need to reflect on the intellectual fortitude they bring to their job,
- why teaching should never be a 24/7 job,
- and, what you need to do stay encouraged at work.
Resources discussed in the podcast
Who Will Care for the Teachers?
Leave a Reply