- This is America…Unpacking the Layers of Violence Our Students See - May 6, 2018
- The Dirty Secret of Implementing Independent Reading: Fund What You Believe - May 6, 2018
- 50 Years Later: What Teachers Need to Remember About Dr. King’s Legacy - April 4, 2018
- [Episode 66] What Principals Need to Be Successful - April 3, 2018
- Diverse Books to Read For Women’s History Month (K-5 Edition) - March 3, 2018
- #ArmMeWith Starts a Movement Among Teachers - February 21, 2018
- Teacher Self-Care Conference- We’re Back - February 14, 2018
- 2018…Helping Teachers Have the Best Year Ever - December 31, 2017
- [Episode 56] The Politics of Mathematics - November 25, 2017
- [Episode 52] Teaching Controversial Topics in Elementary School - November 24, 2017
Statistics show that during the first five years of teaching, the majority of new teachers will leave the profession. What’s even more staggering is trying to figure out what do these teachers end up doing after they leave the field of education?
In the opening of Season 3 of our podcast, we interview Andrea Holyfield from LiveWellCPS as she gives some honest advice not only for teachers trying to leave the profession but those who want to stay in the profession. Andrea presented at our Teacher Self-Care Conference and attendees were BLOWN away with the practical advice she gave for teachers to transition to other careers.
During this conversation we discuss:
- the biggest mistakes teachers make when looking for jobs.
- the types of jobs that are actively looking for teachers
- how to transfer your skills from being a classroom teacher into corporate America
- and much more!
Take your time to not only listen to this podcast but subscribe and share with a friend who may need this!
To get ahold of Andrea, please check out her website (www.livewellCPS.com) and tell her found her on our podcast!