- There are Thousands of Students Like Andrew Johnson Sitting in Our Schools - December 22, 2018
- [Opinion] Grade Inflation is Making Teachers Quit - December 11, 2018
- [December] Teacher Self-Care Calendar - November 30, 2018
- San Antonio Teacher Self-Care Conference- One Day Institute - November 29, 2018
- Teachers Must Not Only Be Non-Racist, But Anti-Racist - November 16, 2018
- [October] Teacher Self-Care Calendar… DOWNLOAD NOW - September 24, 2018
- Teacher Bashers: The Absolute Worst Human Beings on the Planet - September 16, 2018
- [September Self-Care Challenge] Download TODAY! - September 2, 2018
- Juneteenth: 4 Books To Use With Your Students - June 19, 2018
- [Season 1:Episode 5] Accessing the College Pipeline - May 27, 2018
“The kind of teacher you become will become will directly be related to the kind of teachers you associate with. Teaching is a profession where misery does more than just love company, it recruits, seduces, and romances it. Avoid people who are unhappy and disgruntled about the possibilities for transforming education. They are the enemy of the spirit of the teacher.”
There are no truer words spoken by academics these words spoken by Dr. Chris Emdin and his critically acclaimed book, For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood… And the Rest of Y’all Too. In 2018, the current enemy of the spirit of a teacher is the lack of care for ourselves as professionals- essentially the lack of teacher self-care.
In droves, teachers are having medical emergencies, suffering from depression, going through devastating divorces all attributed to the stressors of being a teacher. To make matters worse instead of receiving help for the stressors in a teacher’s life, we’re inundated with conferences that stick to the same type of boring learning.Truth be told, teachers don't need any additional strategies, we need more self-care so we can implement what we know works for students. Click To Tweet
On June 15-16, 2018, all of that will change because we’re bringing back the Teacher Self-Care Conference to Atlanta, Georgia.
Over two days we’re bringing over 60+ workshops, 2 engaging Keynote Speakers, and 2 panels that are going to BLOW OUR GUEST’S MINDS. If you don’t believe us, check out our lineup below.
Keynote Speakers: One of the cornerstones of picking Keynote Speakers was that they must be teachers- first. We’re proud to announce that Valencia Clay from Valencia’s Garden and Jeremy Adams from The Secrets of Timeless Teaching as two speakers who will set our stage on FIRE.
Workshops: There’s nothing worse than attending a conference with workshops that don’t speak to anything you’re experiencing in the classroom. For The Teacher Self-Care Conference, we’ve curated topics such as Bullying by Administrators, Mindfulness, Book Writing, Teachers Pay Teachers Branding, Transitioning Out of the Classroom, Starting Your Own School, Handling Special Education Paperwork, plus many, more. Teachers can find out about the workshops here.
The best part is Monique from Monique’s World will be our host for the weekend.
Panels: In addition to great workshops, we’re bringing panels that will discuss two topics that aren’t usually discussed- teacher mental health AND teacher branding.
Early bird tickets are available now and teachers can register here or opt for the payment plans here.