- The Learning Loss Discussion is Misguided - April 20, 2021
- Opinion: Prepare for the Mass Teacher Exodus in Georgia and Around the Country - March 17, 2021
- Reimagining Schools After COVID-19 - September 16, 2020
- How Much More are Teachers Expected to Give? - August 22, 2020
- Considering Opening Schools in the Fall? Think Students and Teachers First. Not Adults - May 27, 2020
- Teacher Appreciation Day: How Can Schools Appreciate Teachers Regularly? - May 8, 2020
- 5 Free Reading Apps for Parents to Utilize - April 4, 2020
- Best Websites for K-5 Math Virtual Education - March 21, 2020
- Black Teacher Retention Matters - February 25, 2020
- Real Talk: How do you know when it is time to leave a school? - January 30, 2020
With the current state of affairs, learning has been moved online. Teachers and parents are having to homeschool and supplement their children’s instruction. Let’s not forget the importance of math in the process! Here some of the best websites from my experience for math instruction:
Khan Academy: This is an exceptional site for learning various math concepts. The direct instruction is a highlight. The site is organized by grade level and subject. I highly recommend this site for parents who may be assisting their children with certain concepts they are not familiar with.
NCTM Illuminations: The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics has developed an interactive site with a variety of math lessons. I used this site in my classroom and my students loved it! There are lesson plans, games and brain teasers. They are even organized by the NCTM or the Common Core math standards.