- 6-12 Classrooms That Will Rock Your Socks - September 1, 2017
- 29 Elementary Classrooms to DIE FOR - August 29, 2017
- [Episode 49] How the Healthcare Bill Affects You As a Teacher - July 7, 2017
- [Episode 48] Training Teachers to Be Students - July 7, 2017
- [Episode 47] Living Your Best Life: A Teacher’s Story on Being Fit and Finally Free - July 7, 2017
- [S3E2] An Interview with Mr. Dombrowski: Social Media is Not the Enemy - May 19, 2017
- [S3E1] Why Every Teacher Should Get a Career Counselor - April 18, 2017
- When You Deserve a Promotion - March 21, 2017
- The Educator’s Room Statement on the Appointment of Betsy DeVos - February 7, 2017
- What I Hope for The Educator’s Room in 2017 - January 1, 2017
Welcome to Episode 1 Season two of The Educator’s Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca interviews, Colette Bennett, Literacy Teacher Extraordinaire and proponent of choice in reading.
This year we are going around the world to talk to educators who are doing awesome things- just like you. Starting the school year is always tough for teachers as we try to balance what the pacing guide says and what we know our kids need.
During this podcast we will discuss:
- strategies to encourage teachers to allow students to have a choice in what they read for class.
- possible roadblocks for teachers and students in choosing books for their readings.
- strategies to encourage independent reading in the classroom.
- advice for administrators to understand the shift in practices with independent reading and choice in reading selection.
Resources discussed in the podcast
Colette’s blog: www.usedbookclassroom.wordpress.com
Readicide: How Schools Are Killing Reading and What You Can Do About It-–Order here.