- Dear First Year Teacher: This Is a Time Like No Other - November 1, 2021
- Educator Abuse: Why Leaving Teaching Was Similar to Leaving My Abusive Marriage - October 25, 2021
- Innovation in the Classroom: Are We Valuing the Teachers That Can Make It Happen? - October 18, 2021
- The High Costs of Ignoring Health in Schools - October 12, 2021
- Tips for Supporting Multilingual Learners with Writing - October 12, 2021
- There’s One in Every Class: The Musings of a College Instructor - October 8, 2021
- Why I Left My Teaching Job After Twenty Years - October 7, 2021
- 8 Resources for National Fire Safety Week - October 3, 2021
- Teachers Have the Right to Rest: From One Burned Out Teacher to Another - September 22, 2021
- In Defense of Defending the Literary Canon - September 18, 2021
School: Charter School of the Dunes, Indiana
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: Middle School - English/ Language Arts, Social Studies
Congratulations to LaShanda J., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
LaShanda was nominated by one of her colleagues, who wrote about the impact LaShanda has made on her students:
LaShanda has a way to communicate and engage middle school students that is just plain special. She challenges students to learn in different ways! She challenges students that have found school easy and makes them work harder than they ever had. In addition to being a stellar classroom teacher, LaShanda sponsors various after-school activities, like Asian Culture Club and Student Council.
Teachers like LaShanda who go above and beyond for their students and outside the classroom are the kind of educators that exemplify our profession. Thanks to LaShanda for being such a great example for her colleagues and our readers!
We are inspired by you, LaShanda, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!