- Keeping Up With the Tech-Savvy Teacher Next Door - July 6, 2021
- What Virtual Learning Can’t Replicate from the Classroom - June 30, 2021
- Alan’s Declassified School Survivor Guide for First-Year Teachers - June 29, 2021
- I've stopped being a Reading Interventionist-Why you Should Also - June 25, 2021
- The Four Quadrant Strategy:Teaching Your Learners to Ask the Right Questions - June 17, 2021
- We Need to Understand Culturally Responsive Practices to Build Relationships - June 17, 2021
- The Price of Accessibility for Deaf/Hard of Hearing Students During a Pandemic - June 4, 2021
- Teaching is a Political Act, Just Not Like People Think - May 14, 2021
- Building a Teacher Rep-utation - May 10, 2021
- Reinventing Pandemic Schooling: More than Making Lemonade from Lemons - May 7, 2021
School: Charter School of the Dunes, Indiana
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: Middle School - English/ Language Arts, Social Studies
Congratulations to LaShanda J., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
LaShanda was nominated by one of her colleagues, who wrote about the impact LaShanda has made on her students:
LaShanda has a way to communicate and engage middle school students that is just plain special. She challenges students to learn in different ways! She challenges students that have found school easy and makes them work harder than they ever had. In addition to being a stellar classroom teacher, LaShanda sponsors various after-school activities, like Asian Culture Club and Student Council.
Teachers like LaShanda who go above and beyond for their students and outside the classroom are the kind of educators that exemplify our profession. Thanks to LaShanda for being such a great example for her colleagues and our readers!
We are inspired by you, LaShanda, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!