- Separate But Unequal in Education: The Evil Stepsister of Separate and Equal - January 11, 2021
- Are Teachers of Color Valued in School Districts? - January 8, 2021
- Finding the Gold in Each of our Students in a Virtual Setting - January 6, 2021
- What does the $54 Billion Dollar for K-12 Education Mean for Educators and Students? - December 22, 2020
- Beyond George Floyd: Making a Difference—Access, Application, Admonishment - December 21, 2020
- Success and Challenges in Higher Education During the Pandemic - December 17, 2020
- James Gets a Grip on Losing: A Lesson for Today - December 4, 2020
- I’m Not a Lunch Bunch Kind of Teacher But COVID-19 Has Changed Me - November 25, 2020
- Shaking, Sanitized Hands: Building New Student Relationships while Grieving Old Ones - November 19, 2020
- Whichever Way You Cut It School in 2020 is Hard - November 12, 2020
School: Charter School of the Dunes, Indiana
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: Middle School – English/ Language Arts, Social Studies
Congratulations to LaShanda J., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
LaShanda was nominated by one of her colleagues, who wrote about the impact LaShanda has made on her students:
LaShanda has a way to communicate and engage middle school students that is just plain special. She challenges students to learn in different ways! She challenges students that have found school easy and makes them work harder than they ever had. In addition to being a stellar classroom teacher, LaShanda sponsors various after-school activities, like Asian Culture Club and Student Council.
Teachers like LaShanda who go above and beyond for their students and outside the classroom are the kind of educators that exemplify our profession. Thanks to LaShanda for being such a great example for her colleagues and our readers!
We are inspired by you, LaShanda, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!