- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
- How to Use TikTok in the Science Classroom - March 21, 2022
- Seven Women Who Shaped My Teaching - March 17, 2022
School: School District of Philadelphia, PA
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: Elementary Education
Congratulations to Eileen B., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Eileen was nominated by one of her colleagues, who sings her praises about how she preps her young pupils for success in their academic lives:
Eileen came into Elementary Education late in her life. She worked as a preschool educator before getting her Elementary Ed degree and coming to work at our school in Grade 4. Eileen is driven to find what methods are going to work for a child and uses everything she knows to get her pupils on the right path. She is very strict, but both students and parents realize she has the children's learning in mind always.
No matter what the subject, Eileen is capable of teaching both children and adults in professional development. I always knew the children who came from her room to mine were going to do well in math, writing and reading strategies. I'd send my children to be her pupils if they were younger. I can't think of a higher compliment.
Sticking with early education is tough these days, and so we commend Eileen for her dedication and the way she channels her experiences to not only benefit her students, but also her colleagues. Examples of teachers like Eileen really inspire us to have great hopes for the futures of our students!
Eileen, Congratulations and thank you! We think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!