- Education, Labor Departments Announce New Efforts to Advance Teacher Preparation Programs - August 9, 2023
- The Headlines About Student Reading Levels are Sobering, But There's Hope if We Change the Conditions for Kids - July 17, 2023
- Teacher Branding 101: Use The Summer to Strategize on Your Brand - July 8, 2023
- 20 End of the School Year Memes That Only Teachers Will Understand - June 26, 2023
- Celebrating Juneteenth With Accuracy: Books To Use With Your Students - June 19, 2023
- Teaching Writing to Secondary Students is Hard, But It's Necessary - April 26, 2023
- Abbott Elementary: Development Week was a Mess! - September 28, 2022
- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
In this episode, Franchesca Warren, interviews Almetria Turner from Fit and Finally Free about her journey from being 347 pounds to losing 177 pounds- without pills, teas, or surgery. In this episode, Almetria not only discusses her journey but the round blocks she encountered and why teachers have to be physically healthy.
Note: Almetria will be a workshop presenter at the Teacher Self-Care One-Day Workshop in Memphis, October 7th, 2017!
To register for this conference, click HERE.