- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
- Betsy DeVos Resigns: Most Teachers Say Good Riddance - January 8, 2021
- Class Divide in Emergency Learning: A Crisis Overseas - September 10, 2020
- Practicing Self-Care in the Midst of Chaos - August 31, 2020
- Do the Work: Equity Symposium for Teachers - August 23, 2020
- Universities Collaborate on the Biggest Experiment in Higher Ed: Reopening - August 3, 2020
- The Day of Teacher Self-Care is Happening August 1, 2020 - July 21, 2020
- Do the Work: A Conversation Around Anti-Racist Teaching in K-12 Schools - June 14, 2020
Welcome to Episode 5 of Season 2 of The Educator's Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca Warren interviews Dee Priester, from Mid-Pacific Institute in Hawaii! In the time of so-called "educational reform" the voice of the principal has been dismissed in how to make schools a growth-mindset incubator. Not anymore. With school administrators like Mr. Priester, teachers are respected, revered, and most importantly LISTENED TO WITH SINCERITY.
During this podcast we will discuss:
- how Mr. Priester ended up at a school like Mid-Pacific.
- what makes Mid-Pacific Institute an incubator of growth mindset?
- how administrators can stop feeling "boxed in" and use their staff to grow their students out of their classrooms.
Articles about Growth Mindset