- 2018…Helping Teachers Have the Best Year Ever - December 31, 2017
- [Episode 56] The Politics of Mathematics - November 25, 2017
- [Episode 52] Teaching Controversial Topics in Elementary School - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 53] Helping Students With Dyslexia in Schools - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 54]Are Teachers Watching the Decline of Education? - November 24, 2017
- [Episode 55] Breaking Through The Shame: Going Through A Divorce - November 24, 2017
- 6-12 Classrooms That Will Rock Your Socks - September 1, 2017
- 29 Elementary Classrooms to DIE FOR - August 29, 2017
- [Episode 49] How the Healthcare Bill Affects You As a Teacher - July 7, 2017
- [Episode 48] Training Teachers to Be Students - July 7, 2017
School District: Chicago Public Schools
Years Teaching : 7-8 years
Certification Areas: English/ Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
Recommendation: “Graham has put his heart and soul into teaching since his first day teaching inner city students in Chicago, fresh out of college. He consistently finds new and interesting ways to engage his students, from the brightest to the student who cannot focus because she comes to school hungry. He is passionate about science and teaches students, most of whom have never had any science instruction of any kind, how to identify leaves and plants. He fosters a nurturing learning environment by being honest, patient, firm, kind, and practical. His love for teaching is evident in every student who leaves his classroom at the end of the year.” Anonymous Parent/Peer/Community Member
Educational Philosophy: I believe in making material accessible in as many ways as possible. I try to make learning hands-on and real through projects, experiments, and use of technology. However, I also believe that texts, note-taking, and class/group discussions are key. This balanced approach helps to prepare students for real world experiences as well as schooling at the junior high, high school, and collegiate levels.
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!