- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
- How to Use TikTok in the Science Classroom - March 21, 2022
- Seven Women Who Shaped My Teaching - March 17, 2022
Name: John D.
School District: Anaheim Union High School District
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: English Language Arts
Congratulations to John D., our Stellar Educator of the Week! John was nominated by a colleague who started by using three main words to describe John: Selfless. Honorable. Inspiring. Here's what else his colleague had to say about John's work with his students:
"Mr. D. has invested his whole self in the learning and development of his students at his alternative education high school. He has implemented programs such as a Student Council, dances, Prom, fundraisers, blood drives and clubs so that his students have a mainstream experience to help engage them in learning and graduating. Most go to college and he also aids them through that process. His students succeed beyond expectations because they know that Mr. D. believes in them and will always be there for them. He puts in countless hours with no extra pay or stipend, just to help the kids. He is amazing and his school is so much better with him there.
Thank you, John, for your hard work and for the way you put your students first. The Educator’s Room thinks YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!