- Adapting Was in The Teacher's Job Description - January 20, 2022
- Instructional Roadblocks? Shifts in Point-of-View Can Help Reveal Viable Solutions - January 20, 2022
- Opinion: Not To Be Denied: I Was Denied Inclusion as a K-12 Student, Here's How I Found My Voice - January 18, 2022
- Abbott Elementary: The Dreaded Teacher Wishlist - January 12, 2022
- The Gifted Child Checklist: They Come in All Varieties - January 7, 2022
- A Teacher Lost in the Dust - January 7, 2022
- Abbott Elementary: When New Teachers Want to Save the World- Episode 2 - January 4, 2022
- Abbott Elementary is the Comedy You Need In Your Life - January 4, 2022
- 9 Fresh Voices in Education You Need to Hear in 2022 - December 28, 2021
- The A-Z’s of this Burned-Out Teacher - December 8, 2021
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"]
Summer does not only mean school is out, it also means that schools are interviewing. This is the time to send out resumes and search for a new placement. Schools have been notified of retirements and are now starting to get new enrollments for next year, which could require a new class or two. Here are some tips to help you in your search and interview process.
1. Apply online.
Every region/state/district has their own unique way of accepting applications. Some are only online and will not accept paper resumes through the mail and some will still accept paper resumes. If you do go the paper resume route, mail merge will become your best friend. Google how to use the application in Word, it will make your life much easier. If applying online is the way to go then make sure that your application stays up to date. It’s very easy to fill out the application once and forget to update it during your frequent searches for openings.
Click here for tip #2.