- Under a new federal bill, teachers would make a minimum salary of $60,000 - December 17, 2022
- Redefining in loco parentis: What does it mean to care for Black children? - October 5, 2022
- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"]
Summer does not only mean school is out, it also means that schools are interviewing. This is the time to send out resumes and search for a new placement. Schools have been notified of retirements and are now starting to get new enrollments for next year, which could require a new class or two. Here are some tips to help you in your search and interview process.
1. Apply online.
Every region/state/district has their own unique way of accepting applications. Some are only online and will not accept paper resumes through the mail and some will still accept paper resumes. If you do go the paper resume route, mail merge will become your best friend. Google how to use the application in Word, it will make your life much easier. If applying online is the way to go then make sure that your application stays up to date. It’s very easy to fill out the application once and forget to update it during your frequent searches for openings.
Click here for tip #2.