- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- The Teacher Learns the Lesson: Reminiscing on 48 Years of Teaching - January 28, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
- Betsy DeVos Resigns: Most Teachers Say Good Riddance - January 8, 2021
- Class Divide in Emergency Learning: A Crisis Overseas - September 10, 2020
- Practicing Self-Care in the Midst of Chaos - August 31, 2020
- Do the Work: Equity Symposium for Teachers - August 23, 2020
- Universities Collaborate on the Biggest Experiment in Higher Ed: Reopening - August 3, 2020
- The Day of Teacher Self-Care is Happening August 1, 2020 - July 21, 2020
Welcome to Episode 23 Season one of The Educator's Room podcast! In this episode, Franchesca discusses the need for instructional coaches in all schools. Being an Instructional Coach is one of the most difficult jobs in a school. While you're still a teacher, you're responsible for delivering professional learning to teachers.
During this podcast we will discuss:
- what exactly an Instructional Coach should do in the school
- how to empower your Instructional Coaches in your building
- why the job of an Instructional Coach should be funded and used in every school.
- how to deal with difficult teachers as an Instructional Coach