- Banned Books Week: The Most Banned Books in 2022 - October 2, 2023
- Book Bans: South Carolina Department of Education Breaks Ties with State Librarians - October 2, 2023
- Controversial Literature on Wheels: Banned Books Wagon Touring the American South"Banned Books Wagon will tour in the American South - September 30, 2023
- The Case for More Accountability: It's Time to Blame the Parents - September 20, 2023
- Equity In TAG Implementation: Pull-Out Services Vs. Differentiated Instruction - September 1, 2023
- Leggings At School? Here's 10 Reasons We Support This Clothing Choice - August 29, 2023
- "Unveiling Bias in G.E.D.: The Untold Stories of History - August 23, 2023
- Going Back to High School to Teach a G.E.D. Class in a Language Not My Own - August 16, 2023
- Transforming the Classroom with Morning Meeting - August 15, 2023
- Reframing the First 6 Weeks of School from a Student Buy-In Perspective - August 8, 2023
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"]
Name: Tara R.
School: Anne Arundel County Public Schools, MD
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: Elementary Education
Congratulations to Tara R., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Tara was nominated by one of her colleagues, who tells us why she is such a spectacular educator:
Tara is a nationally certified elementary teacher who is constantly seeking to improve instructional practices in her classroom, in her grade level, and throughout our school. She is a role model for teacher leadership. Tara is always the first one to volunteer for any initiative that will benefit the growth of her students. Through her efforts, our primary teachers have adopted an approach to teaching reading that has transformed our school by getting our students to increase their personal reading time both inside and outside of school. She is an excellent example for your Educator's Room followers.
Tara’s commitment to her students and to her colleagues is a shining example of the kind of educator we love to celebrate. Going the extra step of becoming National Board Certified tells us she’s in this for the long haul, and we’re very happy for all the students and teachers who will benefit from her expertise!
Tara tells us that she has always been inspired by Ben Franklin’s quote:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
We are inspired by you, Tara, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]