- Here’s To Our First Year As Teachers During COVID-19 - August 20, 2020
- The Case for Ending the School-to-Prison Pipeline - August 20, 2020
- Bitmoji Classrooms Are the Rage…Here’s Some of the Best Ones We’ve Found - August 19, 2020
- Opinion: The White House Just Gave My School 8 Recommendations for Reopening Schools During COVID-19. Here’s Mine. - August 18, 2020
- Education and Award Programs for Teachers During this Pandemic - August 17, 2020
- Stop Saying, “Of Course We Want to Be Back in Classrooms with Kids…” - August 2, 2020
- Opinion: Teachers Are Not Babysitters and I’m Not Returning Back to School - July 27, 2020
- Can You Talk About That in Elementary School? - July 24, 2020
- The Importance of Visibility for Queer Educators - July 22, 2020
- Learning to Love Our Country: The President is Wrong About Teachers - July 10, 2020
Name: Tara R.
School: Anne Arundel County Public Schools, MD
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: Elementary Education
Congratulations to Tara R., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Tara was nominated by one of her colleagues, who tells us why she is such a spectacular educator:
Tara is a nationally certified elementary teacher who is constantly seeking to improve instructional practices in her classroom, in her grade level, and throughout our school. She is a role model for teacher leadership. Tara is always the first one to volunteer for any initiative that will benefit the growth of her students. Through her efforts, our primary teachers have adopted an approach to teaching reading that has transformed our school by getting our students to increase their personal reading time both inside and outside of school. She is an excellent example for your Educator’s Room followers.
Tara’s commitment to her students and to her colleagues is a shining example of the kind of educator we love to celebrate. Going the extra step of becoming National Board Certified tells us she’s in this for the long haul, and we’re very happy for all the students and teachers who will benefit from her expertise!
Tara tells us that she has always been inspired by Ben Franklin’s quote:
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
We are inspired by you, Tara, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!