- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
- How to Use TikTok in the Science Classroom - March 21, 2022
- Seven Women Who Shaped My Teaching - March 17, 2022
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"]
Name: Tara R.
School: Anne Arundel County Public Schools, MD
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: Elementary Education
Congratulations to Tara R., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Tara was nominated by one of her colleagues, who tells us why she is such a spectacular educator:
Tara is a nationally certified elementary teacher who is constantly seeking to improve instructional practices in her classroom, in her grade level, and throughout our school. She is a role model for teacher leadership. Tara is always the first one to volunteer for any initiative that will benefit the growth of her students. Through her efforts, our primary teachers have adopted an approach to teaching reading that has transformed our school by getting our students to increase their personal reading time both inside and outside of school. She is an excellent example for your Educator's Room followers.
Tara’s commitment to her students and to her colleagues is a shining example of the kind of educator we love to celebrate. Going the extra step of becoming National Board Certified tells us she’s in this for the long haul, and we’re very happy for all the students and teachers who will benefit from her expertise!
Tara tells us that she has always been inspired by Ben Franklin’s quote:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
We are inspired by you, Tara, and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]