- Redefining in loco parentis: What does it mean to care for Black children? - October 5, 2022
- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
- How to Use TikTok in the Science Classroom - March 21, 2022
Name: Chris T.
School District: Baltimore County Public Schools
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: English Language Arts
Congratulations to Chris T., our Stellar Educator of the Week! Chris was nominated by three separate students, so we know she is an amazing teacher! We're also impressed with her simple but wise teaching philosophy, which she takes from Robert Frost: "I am not a teacher, but an awakener." It's clear to us that she follows this philosophy and we think you'll want to congratulate her too when you read the words of her students below:
"Mrs. T. teaches and also makes it fun. She helps us a lot and you can always go to her for help. She makes you feel comfortable asking questions. She is a great teacher!"
"She helps you, no matter what you need done, and will not stop helping until you get an A+. Mrs. T. has your back every step of the way."
"Mrs. T. is one of the best teachers I have ever had! Along with being a great teacher, she helps me to be a better person and student. A little while ago, I was struggling with the book I was reading. Mrs. T. then noted this and brought that to my attention. She then offered her time to me and she stayed after school with me and would help me get through the chapters in a way that helped me understand the book. Along with that my academic skills weren't as good as they could be and Mrs. T. also helped me with them. She let me come in at my lunchtime and she helped me with some of the more difficult papers that I had. It would really mean a lot to me if Mrs. T. would get the honor to receive this award because of everything that she has done for me!"
This is awesome! Thank you, Chris, for your hard work and for the way you put your students first. You are a shining example of the kind of teachers we here at The Educator’s Room want to highlight for others to be inspired by – and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!