- Redefining in loco parentis: What does it mean to care for Black children? - October 5, 2022
- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
- How to Use TikTok in the Science Classroom - March 21, 2022
School: Kentwood (Michigan)
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Congratulations to Jack W., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Jack teaches two levels of math to freshmen and reminds us what it means to be a well-rounded and caring educator. Here is what one of his colleague said about Jack in his nomination:
Jack is an amazing person! He teaches math for English Language Learners as well as for all varieties of freshmen students. He stays after school 3-4 days a week to help students. My classroom is across the hall, and I have students with Moderate Cognitive Impairments. Jack is their Santa, daily visitor, and hallway buddy. He dotes on ALL students. He has a big heart and is generous when it comes to my students. Our whole staff rocks, but I pick him as a standout!
Teachers make such a difference, and Jack is an example to us of one who not only changes the lives of the students in his classroom, but one who ventures outside and improves the lives of others. Jack, you are the kind of educator we are proud to honor!
Jack, Congratulations and thank you! We think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!