- Opinion: Covid-19 Has Shown Us It is Time for a New Grading System - February 19, 2021
- Opinion: Insurrection on a Black Educator’s Soul - February 16, 2021
- Weaponizing Equity: White Saviorism and the School Reopening Debate - February 5, 2021
- Equity, Access, and Affirming Deaf Identity - February 5, 2021
- The Morning I Cried in a Tent AKA The Day a School’s Mental Health Professional Needed a Mental Health Day - February 4, 2021
- The Virtual High School Teaching Experience: I Teach to Dots - January 25, 2021
- Mrs. Kramer’s 1970’s Childhood Challenge - January 21, 2021
- Separate But Unequal in Education: The Evil Stepsister of Separate and Equal - January 11, 2021
- Are Teachers of Color Valued in School Districts? - January 8, 2021
- Finding the Gold in Each of our Students in a Virtual Setting - January 6, 2021
School: Kentwood (Michigan)
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Congratulations to Jack W., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Jack teaches two levels of math to freshmen and reminds us what it means to be a well-rounded and caring educator. Here is what one of his colleague said about Jack in his nomination:
Jack is an amazing person! He teaches math for English Language Learners as well as for all varieties of freshmen students. He stays after school 3-4 days a week to help students. My classroom is across the hall, and I have students with Moderate Cognitive Impairments. Jack is their Santa, daily visitor, and hallway buddy. He dotes on ALL students. He has a big heart and is generous when it comes to my students. Our whole staff rocks, but I pick him as a standout!
Teachers make such a difference, and Jack is an example to us of one who not only changes the lives of the students in his classroom, but one who ventures outside and improves the lives of others. Jack, you are the kind of educator we are proud to honor!
Jack, Congratulations and thank you! We think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!