- Opinion: There Are A Lot of Karens in My School Building and I’m Barely Surviving - May 27, 2020
- [Opinion] School Choice is More Than Just Choosing a School - May 23, 2020
- 2020: The Year Education (Potentially) Got Better - May 22, 2020
- [Opinion Piece] Why Do You Love Teaching? - May 21, 2020
- Opinion: Teacher Tribes, Now More Important Than Ever - May 7, 2020
- Assessing with Multiple Choices Instead of Multiple Choice: A Way to Transform Education - May 6, 2020
- What I Miss Most:The Sound of Seventh Grade - May 4, 2020
- Teacher Perspectives of Educating K-12 Students During a Pandemic - April 23, 2020
- Education is Political and Governor DeSantis Is Playing a Dangerous Game - April 11, 2020
- Why Would Anyone Choose to Be a Teacher in 2020? - April 10, 2020
Congratulations to Elizabeth F., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Elizabeth is a 5th Grade Dual Language teacher. She was nominated by one of her peers, who believes she is well deserving of this recognition. Here is what her colleague says about her:
Elizabeth is tasked with teaching in both English and in Spanish, which means often taking the daunting task of translating countless documents for her students into Spanish as those resources are not provided. In her short tenure as a teacher, she has demonstrated a clear passion for teaching and a dedication that rivals even the most experienced teacher. She is often the first to arrive and the last to live the school. Her parents, colleagues, and most importantly her students absolutely adore Ms. F. Her willingness to learn inspires me!!
We always believe that a teacher who sets an example of being a learner is the best of our educators. We are so grateful that there are teachers like Elizabeth, who go the extra mile to reach students in multiple languages and give them the access and opportunity to become successful.
Elizabeth, Congratulations and thank you! We think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!