- Under a new federal bill, teachers would make a minimum salary of $60,000 - December 17, 2022
- Redefining in loco parentis: What does it mean to care for Black children? - October 5, 2022
- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
School: Canyon Rim Academy Charter School – Utah
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: English/ Language Arts, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies
Congratulations to Cecily P., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Cecily was nominated by a colleague, and we agree that her awesomeness should be recognized! Here’s what her co-worker had to say about her:
“Cecily goes above and beyond the call of duty with her 6th grade students. She has developed an anti-bullying program that has brought, not only her classroom, but our entire school together! The kind, positive language that we hear in the hallways is a constant reminder of the hard work that she has put into this program, and the rewards that we get out of it are too numerous to mention. Cecily is an asset to this profession, and I feel so lucky to have her as a co-worker/mentor, and as a friend. I can only hope to someday be half the teacher she is.”
Wow! We have high praise for a teacher like Cecily, and we also admire her perspective and philosophy on teaching:
“In my 6th grade classroom, I try to create a true community where each child is valued not only by the teacher, but by every other classmate. Kids work together and learn how to support each other through daily Sportsmanship P.E. where kids must play by the rules, cooperate, share, and express their positivity towards others by cheering. When kids understand how much fun it is to be positive while playing raucously outside, they gladly buy in to being helpful and compassionate to each other inside the classroom. If a problem arises in the course of a school day, the kids themselves tackle the issues and brainstorm solutions, all without a discouraging word. I truly love my job. My students give me hope for the future each and every day.”
We too have lots of hope, especially because of teachers like Cecily. Cecily, you are a shining example of the kind of teachers we here at The Educator’s Room want to highlight for others to be inspired by – and we think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!