- Here’s To Our First Year As Teachers During COVID-19 - August 20, 2020
- The Case for Ending the School-to-Prison Pipeline - August 20, 2020
- Bitmoji Classrooms Are the Rage…Here’s Some of the Best Ones We’ve Found - August 19, 2020
- Opinion: The White House Just Gave My School 8 Recommendations for Reopening Schools During COVID-19. Here’s Mine. - August 18, 2020
- Education and Award Programs for Teachers During this Pandemic - August 17, 2020
- Stop Saying, “Of Course We Want to Be Back in Classrooms with Kids…” - August 2, 2020
- Opinion: Teachers Are Not Babysitters and I’m Not Returning Back to School - July 27, 2020
- Can You Talk About That in Elementary School? - July 24, 2020
- The Importance of Visibility for Queer Educators - July 22, 2020
- Learning to Love Our Country: The President is Wrong About Teachers - July 10, 2020
School: Orange County Public Schools (FL)
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: English/ Language Arts, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies
Congratulations to Melodie R., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Melodie is currently an ESE teacher, but is certified in Middle Grades Curriculum ESOL, English and Elementary Ed. She was nominated by one of her colleagues who had lots to tell us about Melodie and why she deserves to be a Stellar Educator of the Week:
Melodie is a leader in every sense of the word. First and foremost, she has a huge heart full of desire to help students (all students) succeed. She is one of the most valuable assets on campus thanks to her ability to help students in virtually any subject and classroom. Her creativity, combined with a genuine love for youth makes her loved by her students, who are better people after being in Mrs. R’s class. She is constantly taking on more tasks and responsibilities in order to help the students at a time when many are complaining about how much we have on our plates.
In addition to helping students, Melodie is a leader and mentor for teachers as well. She organized a “Breakfast and a Book” book study to encourage other teachers to keep learning throughout the year. She is willing to take students out of class for additional help as well as work in the classrooms. Our middle school, its students, and the community are fortunate to have Melodie in their lives!
We LOVE teachers who go above and beyond by expanding learning experiences outside the classroom, not only for their students, but also for their peers! What a fantastic example of an education professional.
Melodie, Congratulations and thank you! We think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!