- Here’s To Our First Year As Teachers During COVID-19 - August 20, 2020
- The Case for Ending the School-to-Prison Pipeline - August 20, 2020
- Bitmoji Classrooms Are the Rage…Here’s Some of the Best Ones We’ve Found - August 19, 2020
- Opinion: The White House Just Gave My School 8 Recommendations for Reopening Schools During COVID-19. Here’s Mine. - August 18, 2020
- Education and Award Programs for Teachers During this Pandemic - August 17, 2020
- Stop Saying, “Of Course We Want to Be Back in Classrooms with Kids…” - August 2, 2020
- Opinion: Teachers Are Not Babysitters and I’m Not Returning Back to School - July 27, 2020
- Can You Talk About That in Elementary School? - July 24, 2020
- The Importance of Visibility for Queer Educators - July 22, 2020
- Learning to Love Our Country: The President is Wrong About Teachers - July 10, 2020
Name: Jeannine J.
School: Walpole, MA
Years Teaching: 10+ years
Specialty: English/ Language Arts, Science, Mathematics, Social Sciences
Congratulations to Jeannine J., our Stellar Educator of the Week!
Jeannine is a Kindergarten Teacher. She was nominated by one of her peers, and we agree that Jeannine is an amazing educator! Here is what her colleague says about her:
Mrs. Jeannine J. is fabulous! She is a kindergarten teacher in every way…caring, compassionate, fun, energetic, organized, and so much more. In addition to being an incredible kindergarten teacher, she is also a lifelong learner. As a more tech savvy colleague, I have seen her go from not owning a cell phone (just a year or so ago) to being excited about using iPads, interactive white boards, computer websites, and the document camera with her kindergarteners.
While other teachers claim their older kids CAN’T do some of these things, Mrs. J has shown them that even the youngest students CAN because she believed they could! She’s learning alongside of them and letting them explore and discover, imagine, create, and encouraging them to believe in themselves. She is extraordinary. I think her students would agree! Who could ask for more?
Jeannine is just the kind of educator we are excited to honor – not only an amazing teacher, but a learner and innovator! We also think it’s awesome that there are kindergarteners being so well prepared for their academic lives by Jeannine!
Jeannine, Congratulations and thank you! We think YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!