- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- The Teacher Learns the Lesson: Reminiscing on 48 Years of Teaching - January 28, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
- Betsy DeVos Resigns: Most Teachers Say Good Riddance - January 8, 2021
- Class Divide in Emergency Learning: A Crisis Overseas - September 10, 2020
- Practicing Self-Care in the Midst of Chaos - August 31, 2020
- Do the Work: Equity Symposium for Teachers - August 23, 2020
- Universities Collaborate on the Biggest Experiment in Higher Ed: Reopening - August 3, 2020
- The Day of Teacher Self-Care is Happening August 1, 2020 - July 21, 2020
I'm one of those educators who is cautious of any conference put on for educators. I'm always suspicious that these conferences are backed by some corporate giant that wants to feed me test rhetoric all day. So imagine my surprise after attending the ASCD Conference in Chicago and realizing that many big conferences can be informative and beneficial to the classroom teacher.
So in late night talk show style I'm running down the 10 reasons the ASCD Conference ROCKED!