- Seven Reforms Needed in Education - January 10, 2017
- Stop Censoring Our Classrooms - March 7, 2016
- Preparing for Parent-Teacher Conferences - October 16, 2015
- My Experience with TNCore - the Tennessee State Standards - September 15, 2015
- Tips for Choosing a Novel to Study - June 9, 2015
- Choosing the Right High School Reading Intervention Program - April 30, 2015
- Four Things Teachers Should Try Before Removing a Student - April 6, 2015
- Dear 'Bad Students': Prove Us Wrong - March 12, 2015
- Improving Education: Response to Joel Klein - February 26, 2015
- Writing Hacks for Grades 9-12 - February 12, 2015
Stage 4 – Internalizing
Teachers have to get creative in this phase as they encourage their students to internalize the methods you have taught thus far. Some teachers sing songs about the mnemonic, play games, or write plays. (OK, I made the last one up.) I personally make a poster and ask students to write out the mnemonic and what it means on exit slips periodically. I am not a lyrical poet.
Click here for stage 5.