- Frederick Douglass: “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?” - July 4, 2021
- President Biden Pushes For Teachers To Get Their COVID Vaccine Dose By March - March 2, 2021
- We’re Just People Who Don’t Want To Be Killed! A Student Reflection About Insurrection - January 26, 2021
- Betsy DeVos Resigns: Most Teachers Say Good Riddance - January 8, 2021
- Class Divide in Emergency Learning: A Crisis Overseas - September 10, 2020
- Practicing Self-Care in the Midst of Chaos - August 31, 2020
- Do the Work: Equity Symposium for Teachers - August 23, 2020
- Universities Collaborate on the Biggest Experiment in Higher Ed: Reopening - August 3, 2020
- The Day of Teacher Self-Care is Happening August 1, 2020 - July 21, 2020
- Do the Work: A Conversation Around Anti-Racist Teaching in K-12 Schools - June 14, 2020
In our first book, "Keep the Fire Burning: Avoiding Teacher Burnout," seven classroom teachers give an unparalleled look into their everyday life in the 'pressure cooker' known as a classroom. While some of the teachers survived tremendous pressures, others decided it was time to change what it means to them to work in education. Throughout the book, these educators provide real world strategies for overcoming burnout, becoming the best professional you can be and sustaining yourself as an educator. This book will help you refocus your teaching and encourage you as a true expert in your field.
To honor all of our faithful readers of our site, we are giving away 5 copies of the book to 5 teachers!
Giveaway Starts:: February 28th, 2013-
Giveaway Ends: March 15th, 2013 12am EST
- MANDATORY:Leave a comment below and tell us your "symptoms" of teacher burnout.
- OPTIONAL: Share this giveaway on Facebook and tag us on Facebook (The Educator's Room)!