- Redefining in loco parentis: What does it mean to care for Black children? - October 5, 2022
- Quinta Brunson + ABC Network Sued For Copyright Infringement For Television Show ‘Abbott Elementary’ - July 18, 2022
- We Crowdsourced What Teachers Said Can Stop Gun Violence in Schools - May 27, 2022
- Weird News: Why Are People Asking Quinta Brunson To Do a 'School Shooting' Episode? - May 25, 2022
- After Another School Shooting, No More Words. - May 25, 2022
- Teacher Appreciation Week Deals 2022 - May 2, 2022
- Abbott Elementary When Discretionary Funds Are On the Line - April 6, 2022
- Abbott Elementary Tackles Tik Tok Challenges - April 6, 2022
- The Dangerous Suppression of “Don’t Say Gay” - March 23, 2022
- How to Use TikTok in the Science Classroom - March 21, 2022
Name: Kellie K.
School: Linden Academy, Flint, MI
Years Teaching: 5-6 years
Specialty: English Language Arts
Congratulations to Kellie K., our Stellar Educator of the Week. Kellie was nominated by a colleague who shared with us her amazing skills and talents, and why she deserves recognition as a Stellar Educator:
"Kellie is an amazing teacher! She has grown tremendously as a teacher, and she is known for never letting things get the best of her. No matter what problems come up, she goes through the day steadily and she handles issues without complaint. She amazes me by how much her students have grown with her! She teaches in Flint, Michigan where there is over 90% free and reduced lunch, and our students come to school working below grade level, and often without even basic necessities of life. She has done an amazing job with these kids! She is a great teacher and friend!"
Kellie told us that her philosophy as a teacher is simple: a child-centered approach. "I strive to create a warm learning community where I challenge each child to achieve." That alone tells us she is an awesome teacher!
Thank you, Kellie, for your hard work and for the way you put your students first. The Educator’s Room thinks YOU are a Stellar Educator!
Do you know a Stellar Educator in your building? If so, nominate them here. Every week a new educator is highlighted!